Our Family

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jumping For Joy

Today my two sons returned home from their holidays in Seattle. As their plane pulled up to the gate, I had to restrain myself from literally jumping for joy! They were only gone for a week, but whenever they go out of town it seems like much longer. I'm sure it's because my life really revolves around them and their schedules. Before they left, Wayne and I talked about all of the exciting things we would do when we had "the house to ourselves" but the most exciting thing we did was fall asleep watching the news! What's up with that? In 6 years we will be "empty-nesters" and should be planning trips to Hawaii, the Bahamas, San Diego, etc. We're too young to be falling asleep watching the news. Maybe when we hit sixty and seventy that will seem exciting, but for now, I think I will keep my eyes on Hawaii. The little eaglets will fledge and leave the nest and Mama and Papa Eagle will need to do more than perch on the edge and sigh wistfully.

No comments: