

This is my family when I was just a toddler (yeah that's me on Mom's lap). David, Mary, and Michael were yet to come... And there is Joey and Isaac when they were little guys...Thanks to everyone who checked out my little blog! That is so nice of you! What do you think? Isn't life nice? I mean, sure it can be downright dirty too, but even when the dirty nasties creep in, doesn't it feel good to breathe and be alive? I think so. A friend of ours, who lives in another state, called us yesterday with news that his brother (whom we didn't know) had committed suicide. We were devastated for our friend and our sympathy and love go out to him. When I woke up this morning, I was thinking about life and how short it is, how unexpected the end (even if the end is expected) and I thanked God for Life. I looked out the window and saw a beautiful sight. The rain and snow had cast an icy spell all around me; preserving every blade of grass in it's own individual tomb. The fog was heavy and thick, shrouding everything in white silence. As I stepped outside, my breath lent its warmth to the fog and I felt connected with the Earth that God so lovingly created for all of us. I felt gratitude for my life. I breathe, I think for myself, I take care of myself and my family, I can see and hear, I give and receive love every day, I have a wonderful family with my dear and delightful husband and two incredible sons, my parents are noble and good (and still cancer-free!), and I grew up with the best brothers and sisters in the universe (3 brothers, 4 sisters: Yep, eight was enough for Mom and Dad!). Whew, talk about a run-on sentence! Do you see what I mean? The choice is always on the table: choose happiness, choose sadness. I make a commitment to choose happiness more often than sadness and to love this beautiful life that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. My sister always says, "It's all good." And it is.







4 comments:
WOW, What a remarkable person you are. I love the way that you look at life and how all the insights you have are ALWAYS connected to your Father in Heaven. Thanks for letting me get to know you these past ten years, I hope we have many many more in store. I KNOW the you bless the lives of those you touch. Thanks. Wayne
Thanks for that Liz, it was beautiful!
Liz, you should be an author. You have a beautiful way with words and a wonderful perception of life and all its blessings. Thank you for that.
Another wonderful post! (((HUGS!)))Hope you have fun at the Folks'!
Post a Comment