Friday, November 28, 2008
Simply the Best (written Wed. Nov. 26, 2008)
My husband is the most incredible man ever. Today, he took both boys out on the farm (we are at my parents' house for Thanksgiving) just to explore around the fields. They were outside for quite awhile. All three came back in the house smelling like dormant hay fields, fresh air, and snow. Their pretty little cheeks (I mean their studly, manly cheeks) blushed a fresh rosy glow from the northern nip wisping in the air. They had taken a bunch of photos of my Daddy's cows, old fences and sheds, and the magnificent Teton mountains. They gushed about their little excursion and their excitement tickled my soul. Afterwards, I mentioned that I needed to wash my hair and Wayne asked me if I would like him to do it for me. Usually I am quite independant, thank you very much, but I have been sick with this nasty little cold for a few days and haven't been quite up to par. Feeling achy and weak today, a rush of delicious gratitude washed over me as I humbly accepted his sweet offer. Leaning me over the edge of the kitchen sink, he gently shampooed and conditioned my hair. Such a simple thing, really, washing another's hair. What was it about that simple act of service that overwhelmed me with deep feelings of love and gratitude for this man? Perhaps I am reminded of another simple act of service offered, oh, so many years ago as the Savior himself bent over his disciples' feet and gently washed them. He didn't HAVE to do that, they were capable of washing their own feet, He did it because he LOVED them with a love that transcended life and death. He LOVED them so much He wanted to give them a beautiful gift of service. As I wrapped the towel around my head, I leaned up against my sweet husband, who loves me with a love that is unconditional, tender, and transcends through this life and the eternities. Blessed and loved by the best. That's how I felt. As he settled me onto the couch, my amazing man looked out the window. "There's your Dad out there by himself trying to get hay down to feed the cows," he chuckled. Throwing on his coat, he happily went out to dump more love and service on my Dad. All before noon, he bonded with and served his boys, lovingly cared for his wife, and happily pulled hay and fed the cows with his father-in-law. Atta Boy, Wayne, you are SIMPLY THE BEST! I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment