Wayne and I love dating each other. We recently underwent a little construction in the marital dating department and have committed ourselves to Delicious Dating. We take turns planning the succulent treats each Friday (or Saturday afternoon for flexibility). Usually,
the event is a scrumptious surprise, and we savor every moment of being together. We laugh, hold hands, and refresh our friendship, affection, and love for each other. We are so lucky that our children are teenagers and we are past the "need a babysitter" phase of life! Yesterday, it was my turn for the date. I had been planning on purchasing tickets to Michael McLean's "The Forgotten Carols," but one of our sons had a musical rehearsal and we ended up being on a time budget. On a spontaneous whim, I booked a reservation at Brick 29 Bistro in downtown Nampa. Being our first time there, we absorbed every aspect of the restaurant from the gorgeous decor to the enticing smells wafting from the kitchen. Greeting us promptly, our friendly hostess seated us near the kitchen. What a view! I expected it to be noisy and bothersome, but it was exciting to see the chefs' magical flying hands as they prepared delightful creations. We relaxed into the private booth and giggled and whispered as only friendly lovers can. Each bite of food was amazing and the portions were more than generous; prompting a wonderful buffet for two as we tasted each other's appetizers and entrees. After a satisfying meal, we meandered around the Masonic Temple where Brick 29 is located. Decorated for Christmas, we happily cuddled up and took pictures in front of a beautiful Christmas Tree. Relaxed and refreshed, we drove slowly home, already planning what next week's Delicious Date will be.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Wow! Sounds like fun! I'm very jealous! Glad you have a blog now!
Good job Liz! I love your commitment to dating. Good example!
hey Liz! Isn't blogging fun? It is a lot like journaling for me! How are you? I added you to my friend list, come check us out sometime!
Post a Comment