Our Family

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gripes with Gifts

Over the course of the last semester in college, I have come to the realization that I can really complain a lot. Based on the example of a very positive person that I interviewed for my internship, I have begun to look for the gift in the gripe.

You see, gripes are an inevitable part of life. It's what we DO with that gripe that counts. What is the gift? What are the blessings? If I choose to look at only the gripe, then happiness will always elude me. However, if I choose to look at the gifts, I will feel happy even though life isn't perfect.

Actually, I usually feel pretty happy inside, and so I decided to express that with my words. I love to write, and I feel good about life when I can write creatively and passionately.

I'm challenging myself this year to write more often on my blog and to look for and write down my gifts in the gripes.

Gift: my two sons are amazing because they both are faithful in our religion, and they are loving to their mother.

Gripe: oh they are growing up so quickly! =)

No comments: